WFG Overshirt (Natural Indigo)
Vintage styled overshirt.
The fabric used for this shirt is very special. it is a mid weight cotton fabric that closely resembles a soft, textured canvas. The threads are hand dyed in a natural indigo vat to varrying shades of blue. When the fabric is woven together, it creates a gradient in color highlighting the various shades of hand dyed cotton threads.
Unfortunately, the 100 years old vintage machine that made this fabric is broken. The factory is unable to repair the machine because the only person who could restore it to working condition has died.
Due to these unfortunate circumstances, this fabric can never be reproduced.
We bought all the fabric that was available and are making these very special overshirts that are completely made by one person from start to finish. We invite you to celebrate in the history of this wonderful fabric and wear it with pride.
* We wash the fabric before construction begins so shrinkage should be minimal….we recommend hand washing and hang dry only.
- 100% natural indigo, hand dyed, selvedge fabric - deadstock
- Vintage overshirt pattern
- 2 chest pockets
- Hand stiched indigo buttonholes / hemp thread, hand dyed
- Japanese cedar wood buttons (ask about availability of indigo wood buttons)
cm (inch) Xs S M L XL Shoulder