WFG Overshirt (Kakishibu Sashiko)
Vintage styled overshirt.
- Kakishibu dye is made from unripe persimmons.
To make persimmon liquid, unripe green persimmons are collected, crushed and pressed, and the liquid is aged in a cool, dark place for multiple years.
Applying the finished persimmon liquid over and over again, it develops a unique shade brought by nature with a unique texture that cannot be found in chemical dyes.
One of my favorite aspects of kakishibu dye is that the color changes day by day. If you don’t wash the fabric excessively, the color becomes deeper the more you use it.
Traditionally, kakishibu has been used as a fabric dye in Japan for a long time due to its waterproof, antiseptic, and insect repellent properties. It also makes the coated fabric more robust.
* We wash the fabric before construction begins so shrinkage should be minimal….we recommend hand washing and hang dry only.
- 100% natural kakishibu, hand dyed, Japanese selvedge sashiko fabric
- Vintage overshirt pattern
- 2 chest pockets
- Hand stiched kakishibu buttonholes / hemp thread, hand dyed
- Japanese cedar wood buttons
cm (inch) Xs S M L XL Shoulder