Chore Coat (Natural Sumi)
Made to Order
Traditional sumi dye creates a variety of grey colors. It is made from the soot of pine branches. It is commonly used for calligraphy ink, as well as dyeing fabrics.
The selvedge fabric is a blend of hemp and cotton woven on a vintage shuttle loom in Japan. It is a mid weight fabric that is very easy to wear. The hemp gives the fabric a unique feel compared to typical 100% cotton fabrics. It is more durable, lighter, and easier to layer compared to heavy cotton canvas or denim fabrics.
WFG Chore coat based on the vintage Lee pattern.
* We wash the fabric before construction begins so shrinkage should be minimal….we recommend hand washing and hang dry only.
- 100% natural sumi, hand dyed, Japanese selvedge hemp/cotton blend fabric
- Vintage Lee pattern
- 1 chest pockets / 2 hand pockets
- Hand stiched buttonholes / hemp thread, hand dyed
- Japanese maple wood buttons
- Sumi painted tag
CM 36 38 40 42 44 Length 70.5 73 75.5 78 80.5 Shoulder
44 46 48 50 Chest 115 120 125 130 135 Sleeve 60.5 62 63.5 65 66.5